Friday, February 3, 2012

Edith and Ben Metapost - Some thoughts on rape

[Originally posted at Ana Mardoll's Ramblings.]

I have put some thought into rape and Edith and Ben. I'm definitely not going to have a part of the story where a gang of random people try to rape Ben, not because he's male but because I'm not about to use rape as a throwaway plot point. But Edith, having been reading people's minds for decades, must have a lot of experience with rape. I think she probably generally handles it in combination with Jasmine.

Edith interrupts to prevent the rape from taking place, Jasmine hits the rapist with negative emotions. They repeat as necessary. Hopefully this causes the rapist to reevaluate things*, realize that what was being done was wrong, and decide never to do that again. Failing that Edith and Jasmine hope to create a Pavlovian aversion to rape within the would-be rapist.

-

* "Why do I feel so guilty? I was just going to... oh."

-

No comments:

Post a Comment