Thursday, December 18, 2014

There appears to be something wrong with my computer

Initially I hoped that it was just a fluke.  It wasn't.

Something, I don't know what, is causing my computer to turn off.  Not just down.  Not crash to a blue screen.  Turn the fuck off.  It can't be the battery because it's happened while plugged in.  It can't be an interruption in power from the cord because it's happened when there was a decent charge on the battery.

Whatever it is, it's like the computer suddenly lost all power because there's no warning, no lead time, it's just working fine and then it's off.  Boom.

This is, obviously, a problem.

I'm going to have to dig up information to see if it's still under warranty.  I hope it is, because I want it fixed.  That said, I never like being without my main computer for any length of time.  I have secondaries (at least one of which actually works in a consistent and repeatable manner), and I'm grateful for that, but I still prefer to work on the primary.

There are a variety of reasons, but one of the biggest is the simple fact that all my stuff is here.

How will this affect posting?  Not a clue.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the opposite problem from my computer - I've not dared to shut it down for more than a minute or two for months, because I never know how many tries it will take to boot it up again.

    Here's hoping it's covered, not serious, and soon fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it's covered, but if it's not, hopefully it's self-fixable. I had a problem where my laptop refused to boot but I got it back up and working after a few days of google-fu despite knowing zero things about computers.

    ReplyDelete