Thursday, October 6, 2011

Explanations for Continued Rebellion

[Originally posted at Slacktivist (page 8).]
[In response to, "This whole problem of continued rebellion is hard to reconcile except for an atheist."]

I don't think it's actually hard to make it work. There's a falling out, swords are drawn, battles are fought, and neither side is willing to admit that they might be wrong.

If you want more detail

Option 1
Lucifer decides, "If I can't win then I'll make sure everyone else loses," and tries to drag the rest of the world to hell.

Option 2
Lucifer thinks, "I was outnumbered two to one. I just need more converts I'll [corrupt humanity]/[breed an army]

Option 3
Lucifer thinks, "I was outnumbered two to one. I just need to divide the enemy. I'll foment dissent in Heaven."

Option 4
Lucifer knew that the original rebellion would fail but he's working a much longer con, and so far it's working out pretty well. He started out by saying, "Alright team, let's go steal ourselves a planet," and look what happened, he's now got more or less free reign over the earth.

Option 5
From the creation of the universe to the creation of humanity was six days God-Angel time. The rebellion really hasn't been sustained for all that long when you put in in perspective.

Option 6
God knows he'll win, Lucifer feels like he's winning (look at it from an L&J perspective and you'll see that evil runs rampant and increases in this world) no one has reason to reconsider.

Option 7
I'm sick of making this list, so I'm going to say that Lucifer is doing this because he's burned his bridges and has nothing better to do.

-

[Original Work Index]

No comments:

Post a Comment