Sunday, March 10, 2013

Up to 70% off on Joss Whedon Stuff for the week

Perhaps I'm just jaded but "Up to 70% off" to me means, "Down to zero percent off."  That said, there's probably a bit of an overlap between those who read this blog and those who like at least one thing by Joss Whedon so I give you the stuff listed on the sale page:

Firefly on DVD and Blu-ray:

         

Angel on DVD:


Buffy the Vampire Slayer (series) on DVD:


Dollhouse Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD and Blu-ray:

         

         

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (movie) on DVD and Blu-ray:

         

-

Which gives a total of ten things, though when I think, "Joss Whedon," I don't tend to think, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the movie."  In fact, I have a sneaking suspicion that those two were included to get up to double digits which otherwise would have been difficult because Angel and Buffy aren't on Blu-ray yet and they're probably not up for putting The Avengers into this sort of a sale yet.

-

A Blu-ray is like a sting ray but significantly less cute.

5 comments:

  1. I quite liked the original film, but I think I would agree with Whedon fans that it doesn't have much of the Whedon touch about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firefly, huh? I never did get to see more than a couple of episodes (and one of them was "Shindig", which I recall you saying is the worst episode to pick if you're only going to see one), and Mom's been expressing a desire to watch it as well. Perhaps I should discuss it with her.

    *checks gift card balance* *grins* Or, I could buy it and simply inform Mom that Amazon is shipping us a set of Firefly DVDs. (I could do it just as easily at .com or .ca: with the sale it's the same price at both and I have enough gift money in both. I don't know if there's any advantage to going .ca given that, though there is obviously an advantage to .com in that I get to give you the commission you deserve.) That is tempting. And if we somehow manage to not like it, I'm sure we could find someone who would be happy to have it. Hmm...yeah, I'm going to buy it. Why not. Let's go pretend to check out at .com and .ca, see if there's any major differences in shipping price or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Out of Gas" is also a pretty poor episode to start with. In spite of this, I ended up enjoying the series when I watched the proper pilot. Not perfect (I think that fans who claim things are perfect do them a disservice), but good fun.

      Delete
    2. (It was a minor mistake to phrase it as "We're getting Firefly", as she interpreted this as "They're going to start airing Firefly on TV", but once I explained further she understood and she was happy about it. And soon we will have Firefly! *thumbs up*)

      Delete
  3. But blue sting rays would be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete