Saturday, October 15, 2016

Monthly Financial Update

As always, the short version is that I could use money and Paypal is the way to get it to me.

There is a conveniently located "donate" button in the upper righthand corner of the blog, though if you have a Paypal account and consider me a friend there is a different way to do it that allows me to receive the full amount (Paypal usually takes a cut.)

The way that doesn't involve the donate button is to go to your Paypal account and "send money to a friend" (under "send and request" I believe) then use my email [cpw (at) maine (dot) rr  (dot) com].



The long version is that this month hasn't been one for non-monthly bills, which are what tend to get me into the point of catastrophe, so the problems are mostly structural.

The structural problems, though, are no minor thing.  Since my SSI got cut back things have become worse every month.  It's been a lot of months.  This month I ran out of money with $204 and some odd cents worth of monthly bills still to be paid.  Most of that is servicing the credit card debt I've had to get into to keep up with paying the vital bills when I don't have enough money to do so.  (Not exactly sustainable, which is why things get worse every month.)

In addition, needing to replace primary computer has added $500 (ish) to that debt.  Yay.

It took me way longer than it should have to break down the debt by interest rate so that I could try to pay off the worst debt first, but since I did that I've made some progress.

I have
  $227.72    At the worst interest rate
$1,341.59   At the second worst
  $411.70    At the third worst

And so on.

And that basically covers it.  Not having enough money means I get in debt, the debt means my income is even less sufficient, and the cycle repeats.

I've kind of given up hope that I'll ever be not-screwed.  Instead what I hope for these days is that the sky won't fall this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment