Sunday, November 6, 2011

NaNoWriMo - A question to readers

I'm considering uploading more of what I've written so far but, because I responded to stalling out by stopping writing in any kind of order, it might not make a lot of sense and could be more confusing than it's worth and parts of it are things that I'll almost certainly delete or write or something later.

I wouldn't fix any of that now because time spent trying to make it a more ordered consistent non-first drafty text would be time better spent making more words. So if I do put it up it will be just as jumbled and unpolished as it is at the moment.

I was wondering what those who would actually be faced with deciphering the out of order inconsistent text thought of that.

1 comment:

  1. I tend to abide by the sausage principle here. (Also applies to laws and technical standards.) Wait until you have an actual first draft that you're willing to show to people and have torn apart. The problem with reading something as it's put together is that one can't then usefully comment on the final version, because one always has the memories of the earlier versions in the back of one's mind. (This is much the same reason that editors and beta readers are necessary: they can come to the text cold, while an author can't.)

    ReplyDelete